1. Where are you based? I am based in Mt Roskill, Auckland. I offer a fully mobile service so I can travel to your preferred location all throughout NZ.
2. How much do you charge for a consultation? I offer a free consultation over email and phone call. If you reside overseas, I am happy to organise a consultation session via Zoom or via Whatsapp.
3. I would like to make a booking. What process does this involve? Once I have received your booking request via the Contact Form, and we have agreed on the details, a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to hold the date. A booking date is not confirmed until the deposit has been received. The balance due needs to be received 7 days in advance of the the booking date.
4. Do you travel to us for the makeup and/or hair booking? Yes, I offer a complete mobile service and will travel to you for any bookings made. There is an additional charge based on your location to cover the travel fee. If free parking is not available, paid parking will be additional.
5. Can we travel to you to get our makeup and/or hair done? Unfortunately, I don't have a studio that I work from. My services offered are fully mobile, so I travel to all my clients.
6. What makeup brands do you use? I believe the quality of the product is reflected in the application and so invest in leading cosmetic brands to offer the best to my clients in achieving a flawless, long lasting finish. Brands I invest in include MAC, Huda Beauty, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, and Napoleon, Tarte Cosmetics, Nars, Urban Decay, and Morphe.
7. How should I prepare my face and or hair for the day of our booking? Please wash and blow-dry your hair the night before the booking date. On the day, your hair should be dry and product free - moisturiser and lip balm is all good. Your face should be makeup free and application ready on the day.
8. How long does hair and makeup usually take? I would advice 2 hours for a Bride on the wedding day (1 hour for hair and 1 hour for makeup). Times may change depending on the styles you have chosen.
9. Do you supply everything or do we need to bring anything for the trial? I have a full makeup kit and supply all hair styling tools and products as needed. However, if you have a specific product (for makeup or hair) that you would like me to use on you on the day, please bring this along.
10. How important is a Bridal Makeup/Hair trial? This comes highly recommended. A bridal trial would allow you the opportunity to try on any desired look for your big day. This would also eliminate any surprises for you on the day, ensuring you know exactly what the end result will look like, that you will feel happy with this, and be able to test out the longevity of the products. Weddings can be a stressful event, and the trial helps in keeping stress levels to a minimum for you as the bride, and also for me as the artist in knowing exactly the look we have planned for you and ensuring we are keeping within the wedding time schedule.
11. How do I prepare for the Bridal Makeup/Hair trial? I would highly recommend having image references of styles you like for Bridal makeup and or hair and email these to me prior to the Trial date. We can then discuss these in person at the Trial and I will be able to suggest what would suit your personal features, style of your wedding and wedding outfit before we start. If you are completely unsure of what look you are going for, having some reference images can still be helpful as a starting point so we can discuss this further when we meet.
12. Do you offer Indian Bridal dressing or Henna as part of your services? I am able to offer hair, makeup, and veil setting as part of my services. Please enquire within.
13. Do you cater for large weddings? Yes, absolutely! I work with a team of creative qualified professionals and so able to cater to a big group for any makeup and hair styling requirements to have you all ready on time.
14. Do I need to buy a lipstick for touch-ups? Once you are happy with the lip colour of your choice at the trial, you can purchase the same colour to use on the day. If for some reason, you were not able to find the right colour at the trial, you are welcome to try on and purchase a colour you are happy with to use on the day.
15. What happens if there are cancellations? Once you have paid your 50% deposit this means you are agreeing to go ahead with the booking arrangements and this date has been put aside for you, for which other work would have been turned away. If for any reason you want to cancel your entire booking the full 50% deposit paid is non refundable. For extenuating circumstances, please make contact to discuss your unique situation.